A- A A+


HART Services welcomes feedback & suggestions & we would certainly like to hear from you should you have any complaints regarding the service we provide.

All complaints will be dealt with in a fair and confidential manner and the service you receive will not be compromised in any way.
In some instances however there is a legal requirement and/or duty of care to disclose information to an external body e.g. if harm to self or others seems likely or if there are legal implications inherent in the complaint.

You have the right to use an advocate (family member, friend or advocacy service) and we can assist with finding someone to represent you if needed. 

In the first instance, if you feel comfortable, raise your complaint with the staff member concerned with the service you use. You may also speak directly to the C.E.O on (02) 6628 6000.

Should the complaint be related to the C.E.O, if you are not comfortable raising your concerns with them you can contact the Chairperson of the Board of Management (see contact details further on).

Each person has the opportunity to nominate the person they want at the service as the key contact regarding the complaint.

After raising your complaint you will be contacted within 1 week to acknowledge the complaint and outline timeframes for investigation and resolution. 
While we aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible, if your complaint cannot be resolved within 1 month you will be provided with progress reports.

At the end of this process the final outcome will be discussed with you, we will ask for feedback as to your satisfaction with the resolution and any improvement to the overall process you may be able to suggest.

If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may raise the issue with the Chairperson of the Board of Management by way of phone conversation or written letter if you prefer.
To arrange this phone (02) 6628 600 or write to The Chairperson of the Board of Management, PO Box 1788, Lismore NSW 2480. Please mark the envelope CONFIDENTIAL.

If further action is required, you may wish to phone the:
A free call from fixed lines; calls from mobiles may be charged at a higher rate or
via the Internet http://agedcarecomplaints.gov.au/


you can write to:  
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848

Make sure your letter includes:

  • your name, address and telephone number
  • the date you lodged your complaint
  • details of your complaint, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
  • the name of the aged care home or service and the state/territory in which it is located
  • the name of the person recieving aged care that your complaint relates to.

If you are hearing or speech impaired, contact them through the National Relay Service.

  • TTY and Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 667 then ask for 1800 550 552
  • Speak and Listen users:phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 550 552
  • Internet relay users: contact the National relay Service and enter 1800 550 552 

People with Disabilities, may choose to contact the Ombudsman NSW. 

  • Phone 1800 451 524
  • Web: www.ombo.nsw.gov.au
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
If you need an interpreter, there is a Translating and Interpreter Service
(TIS) on 131 450, and ask them to transfer you to 1800 550 552

If at any time you have concerns with changes made to a service, please tell us. You have the right to appeal any decision made, and staff will assist you with that process.

We value and need to know your viewpoint. 

We acknowledge and respect the traditional land owners, the Bundjalung people,  on whose land we work and live.
    ATSI Flags